Tuesday, April 13, 2004

What Can I Do....

by the Corrs

Me have been teaching this song to my school kids. Purpose was to teach them arrangement, how instruments etc have been selected to give it the effect. Now I realize this lyrics of the song.... makes the singer seem so.. helpless... But yet, so many of my students I noe, have probably been asking this question... "What Can I Do to Make You Love Me"... to their parents? to their frens? Hmm.... I wish I have some time to go through the lyrics and the meaning of the song... *ponders*

Anywayz, the second and final observation by my supervisor tom. ITS MUSIC LESSON!!! *faint* Thankfully, this class is 'okiez'. Still, its music lesson. *faint* Frankly, I neva ever have confidence in teaching music.. Maybe because it is such a 'subjective' subject? In any case, the LP has been sent. I'm just waiting to 'deliver' the lesson and hope nothing messes up. Pretty fatalistic ey? Like now, I can't do anything but just wait.. wait.. wait... lol.. can't meet fren for coffee... can't get any work done... just waiting for 1.15pm tom. lol..

Anywayz, the song.... I tried to get it on this website, but cldn't find it online, so can't load ... :(

I haven't slept at all in days
It's been so long since we've talked
And I have been here many times
I just don't know what I'm doing wrong

What can I do to make you love me
What can I do to make you care
What can I say to make you feel this
What can I do to get you there

There's only so much I can take
And I just got to let it go
And who knows I might feel better, yeah
If I don't try and I don't hope

What can I do to make you love me
What can I do to make you care
What can I say to make you feel this
What can I do to get you there

No more waiting, no more, aching...
No more fighting, no more, trying...

Maybe there's nothing more to say
And in a funny way I'm calm
Because the power is not mine
I'm just going to let it fly

What can I do to make you love me
(What can I do to make you love me)
What can I do to make you care
(What can I do to make you care)
What can I say to make you feel this
(What can I do to make you love me)
What can I do to get you there
(What can I do to make you care)
What can I do to make you love me
(What can I do to make you love me)
What can I do to make you care
(What can I do to make you care)
What can I change to make you feel this
(What can I do to make you love me)
What can I do to get you there
(What can I do to make you care)

And love me... love me...

[Fade out]

No comments: