A good guy fren of mine once asked me this question "why do girls like bad boys?" As the Chinese saying goes "Nan ren bu huai, nu ren bu ai". How true is this statement? Many guy frens of mine I'd consider under the category of 'good men' laments to me how they lose out to the 'bad boys'. Even this guy fren who posed me question couldn't understand why his 'good man' frens are still swinging bachelors.
Before I address that, first we have to verify that statement as to how 'true' it is. Do girls like bad boys in the first place? Do I like bad boys? I'm not sure. I am attracted to one lately. Yet, it is not because he's a bad boy. It'd be other traits of him that attracts me. But are those traits missing in the 'good men' and more commonly found in 'bad boys'? *ponders*.... So, perhaps we are attracted to certain traits of bad boys? Let's see.....
Why do gals like bad boys?
1. There is an innate thing in many (please note, certainly not all, I do not want any females bashing me up after this.. lol) females to wanna change the bad boys... Its a maternal thing? A nurturing thing? I may be totally wrong. But this is a preposition proposed by one of my female frens in church, who advises us that "Although we like bad boys, remember gals, we must only get married to good men." lol...
2. Bad boys are 'unpredictable'. Yeah, they make our lives hell sometimes. But yet, the unpredictability does spice things up. You'll neva know what to expect from them... They know how to make you feel happy (sometimes!! most of the time, like crap tho), but these little perks.. does make a difference in foolishly emotional creatures like us. Good men, on the other hand, hmm... tends to be more 'steadfast' and 'predictable' to the point where it gets... routine sometimes? boring is a more negative adjective to describe the feeling? but you get my point? That, to me, is where they lose out, especially in the initial stage of attracting a gal.
Hmm... I've just decided that I'm not attracted to that bad boy because of the above reasons. It'd be other qualities I see that that person. Meaning, I'm not specifically attracted to bad boys (hence, how true is that statement?) Yet, I am certainly not attracted to the 'good men' because... somehow I just can't? I mean, they bore me, seriously... lol.. sounds like i'm in trouble heading this way.
Well, in any case, 'good men' out there, don't worry. At least, based on my fren's advice that "Although we like bad boys, remember gals, we must only get married to good men", good guys should finish well, albeit a little later. *chuckles*
Disclaimer: Please note, I am not speaking for all the females in the whole wide world. This is just based on my experience as well as from experiences of people who shares their views with me. Of course, if you think this is just a shallow view of a shallow person, think whatever you wish. *chuckles*
Sunday, April 25, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment