Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Sick and tired of LPs...

Just finished one LP for my geography. This is my third LP for the day. Yes, compared to my other frens, I may be doing 'less' LPs.... but slowly... the preparation of LPs is eating into me... I am seriously sick and tired of LPs... Why is it humanities' LPs have to be so detailed? Is it innate in the humanities pple to be so detailed? I've seen the Maths and Science LPs... Man, they are my dream. Short, sweet, and simple.... Well, alrite, it doesn't matter what subject it is, how detailed they are.. I"m just can't imagine having to type out anymore... :( Getting real tired..... Getting real bored.....

So what is boredom? Quoting one guy who is really 'successful' in Singapore, he says that when one feels bored when one does not find meaning in wat he/she is engaged in. Meaning, I can have an uninteresting person talking to me, but if I find meaning in our conversation, I"m not bored. Conversely, I may have the most animated and beautiful person talking to me, but if i find no meaning in the conversation, I'm bored. And hence, I'm bored.. very bored.. EXTREMELY BORED... because I find no meaning in doing the LPs... I find no meaning in a lot of things I do... at least for today.. I'm bored and tired!! Thankfully, I happened to be chatting with my brother. He was really kind enough to give me a 'pep talk'. I'm Ms Queen of Pep Talk to my students.. but yes, I do need the pep talks to push me too. I'm no Ms I Wanna Help People all the time... I need people to help me too.... lol.... I hope I'll be optimistic and not delve in my own little world tomorrow. *chuckle*

Went for my run again today. My stamina has gone down to zero since I fell sick. Not sure if I can pick it up again, because it seems really tough. En route back home, I bumped into two of my MPSS students again. They told me they've aced their geography test. *smile* So I said "When I teach you, you do badly. WHen I"m gone, you aced your tests.... " *chuckle*... So they said... "its all ti-kam cher"... Seriously, how do you ti-kam geography? Granted, Secondary Two geography is easier to score and understand then Secondary One geography (surprised? its true.) But certainly, it does say something about my teaching last year rite? lol... sighz... Anywayz, I told them that the Secondary Two syllabus is such that if you are well-informed by reading the papers, you do not have to study much and just 'smoke' your way through. lol... that got them asking me about the land subsidence of Nicoll Highway. I simply told them my hypothesis of why it happened.. and they were like 'oh....'. lol... Yeah, I do smoke my students too... but its logical smoking!!! lol... Anywayz, it was good to see and talk to my ex-students. :) Got me thinking how teaching in a non-neighborhood school will differ. Den again, at the end of the day, I am seriously leaving it to God to post me. Its not gonna be MOE, but God. *smile*

So, with regard to the subsidence of the Nicoll Highway, what do I have to say about this? Well, I thot this day will come. Since few years back, I oredi 'predicted' a day like this will come. *chuckle* Let's put it this way. We are piling this little island with skyscrapers on the surface, and underneath, we are hollowing it out.. with the MRT tracks, with CTE, currently with the Circle Line and whatever underground tunnel that is coming along the way, how on earth can this be supported? Yupz. The enginners have crutched numbers and numbers... calculations show that it is safe.. structurally sound. But how far can we trust these 'simulations'? I may be too critical. Just my view. I may be extremely wrong, since I am so not a science person. But its just my 10 cents point of view... *chuckle*

Hypothesis aside... what do I learn? Nothing much. But try paralleling this to a person's life. Pressures outside hit us every single day, just like the heavy weight of the skyscrapers and whatever 50-storeyed flats they are gonna build on Duxton Plain. If within we allow ourselves to be hollowed out, bit by bit by bit by bit each day.... wat's gonna happen?

Okiez, I'm talking crap oredi I noe. See, I'm BORED... tt's y.. ... lol .. Think I shall crap more people by replying to their emails now... lol... its less boring then LPs or PWPTs or Map reading.....

No comments: