Thursday, April 08, 2004

I am a hunter today....

same profession, different addresses... yesterday teacher, today hunter. *chuckle* i've finally decided to put my foot down on the slacking students who despite reminders, refuse to hand in their assignments. I gave them a written ultimatum yesterday. Specifically named those culprits and warned them that if I don't get what they owe me by today recess time, i WILL send them for detention. (as if i LOVE to mark their assignments....) No more Miss Nicey.. I will be mean if I have to in order for them to learn. so today, during the last period before school ends (which happens to be the only time i get to rest since the beginning of the day!!!) i rushed to catch those kids... some who still owes me the homework, and others who missed their retest. after which, it was rush rush rush... getting the assignments xeroxed for students who obviously misplaced theirs, and chasing away people trying to distract the students taking the retest. It was... mad.... sometimes, i do feel like my legs are gonna give way any moment as my head just almost went blank... but at least finally... i'm really at home resting now... sitting down.. not screaming at anyone, chasing anyone, hunting anyone down. LOL i sound like a mad woman i realized!!! oh, one interesting observation though, those who got hunted down, did not hate me. lol.. in fact, they were still smiling at me... hmm.. maybe they know they DESERVE IT!!! *chuckle*

during music lesson today, i simply had no energy to raise my voice. adopted a different strategy (cos i'm too tired). just stood there, expressionless, keep quiet and only talk when they are quiet. (that can take a very LONG time!!) and i refuse to raise my voice such that when they say they can't hear me, all i'll say is 'that's because i'm not gonna raise my voice. if u wanna hear me, then u just have to keep quiet!!' lol... it was so-so... some of the 'naughtier' students actually tried to get the rest to keep quiet cos i tink they are interested in the topic i was gonna teach. whether it'll work out for the next few lessons... i really have no idea... but at the end of it, there was a malay boy who came to me and asked whether they will get to do arrangements. ideally, they should. but i told him, its all subjected to time constraints and how fast they can learn. cos he and his frens were thinking of arranging the song 'stand by me' using guitar and piano. WAY COOL!!! i was so excited some students were so motivated!!! but alas... will we get there by the time i'm gonna leave? :( i'm not optimistic about that... :( poor boy he is.. i hate to disappoint him...

Its Maundy Thursday tonight. And I was just telling my brother that.... sadly, this week has just been like any week to me, tonight is just like any night to me. I don't even really 'remember' its Good Friday tomorrow... What has gotten into me? :( I mean, isn't this the period of time I'm supposed to... well, I don't even really know what I'm supposed to do!! But certainly, its supposed to be a special period of time for me to reflect and spend more time with my God to remember what he has gone through for me. The most 'relaxing' way would be to go and watch the movie 'Passion', but I 'can't even be bothered' with that because... this week has just been like any other week to me... :( Have I become so distracted with dealing with things, with people, with my thoughts that I have forgotten what ought to be in the center of my life? So, what ought to be in the center of my life? My God... to know Him personally... such that I can not only talk to Him (which I do), but such that I can 'hear' Him too... but perhaps my life have been too noisy? hmm..... yes... it has been.... time to be silent.... adios blog.....

No comments: