Within 24 hours, I got to know two different people on two different occasions. They gave me completely different responses. LOL.
Got to know JO in a private party last night at CHIMES. Cos I din noe anyone else in the group except the fren who invited me, she was really sweet to come over and talk to me. Really enjoyed her company. Now I've found someone who might do scuba with me in Jun. Yippees. But the farnie thing was that, when I told her that I'm an educator/teacher/hunter (watever, lol), she was really surprised. She thought I was in some sort of marketing line or the like because of how I carried myself and urm, how I look? But it was nice to know someone new, even at my age!!! whom I can click with. :)
This morning during service, I got to know Sam. She's a mother of two and looks really young!! Well, its nice, the way we got to know each other. We were just doing the usual 'ritual' of going round and greeting the other church members.She was in the same pew as me. She just smiled and asked me "hey, you are not playing on stage today?" Then I was like "oh yes, I'm not down this week." Well, that got us going. I decided to move over to sit beside her and we had a short conversation (see, service is on, so we can't talk too much). But its really nice to know someone from church. I never believe that I'll actually get to know the other church pple I've never known in church like that. But it was really nice. :) I hope to get to know her better with time. Oh, okiez, I've digressed. But after church service she asked me whether I'm a piano teacher. So I just told her I'm not, just a music teacher in secondary school. And she told me that I impressed her as a music teacher!!! or at least a teacher. *chuckle* I was like.... huh? What about my face? LOL... But she said I just displayed the features of a 'nice' teacher. lol...
Well, so, do I strike you as a teacher? Hmm..... I don't know. lol. But one thing Sam told me which encouraged me, is that she says that she thinks I can make a difference and am doing something good in teaching. (Cos I look like it? lol... watever). But it was a nice affirmation. I mean, I hardly know this lady, but yet hearing from someone an encouragement to teach and help the teenagers (oh gosh, God knows how much of Him and love these kids need today) really affirms me... and the calling the God has in place for me, well, at least for now.
So what has been good in my life these two days I've missed out on my blog? Hmm... Getting to know new people. :) Meaning, I can spread more love around. Mua ha ha ha. Of course, get more love from people too!!! lol Was out quite a bit this weekend, spending time with all my different frens. So that's really good for me. But ... oops... I still have to work hard with my old-timer frens!!! argh.... OH OH.. before I forget... another good thing in my life: I got news from XXX that they did request for me!!! *grin* Apparently they forgot to inform me. Well, but I was explaining to some of my frens that the reason why I felt happy they requested for me was not because I have the chance of 'escaping' from neighborhood schools. God knows how much I feel for neighborhood schools and the students (certainly not the exploitation from schools though!!). But rather I was happy because, I felt like.. at least I'm 'wanted' somewhere.. mua ha ha ha... hmm... all these egocentricness. :-P
Alrite. Had so much fun this weekend.. its time to start work......