Friday, April 30, 2004

I couldn't feel for Cambodia, for once.....

Yesterday, yet another construction accident happened, this time round in Ayer Rajar area. The effect was more devastating than the previous one along Nicoll Highway. I wonder how people are taking this.. whether they qustion why things like that are happening? or whether... they have gotten more 'immuned' to incidents like this.

I was very much affected by the first incident whenever I read the papers. The sense of sadness juz comes upon me when I think how these pple trapped must have felt... as well as how those whos' lives are intricatedly tied to theirs may have their entire life changed.. tears will well up even though I have absolutely no idea who they are.

This time round, I dun tink I'm as emotional about it. But I feel weird.. I do not even noe how to describe the feeling. Disturbed? Maybe.. but its more than that. But til now, I still do not understand that feeling. Also, I do not noe what to think. I question why these happened. Is God trying to say something? Or at least, wat does He have to say to me about this incident?

I was informed by DR abt this incident juz before I left my place for STV's place for dinner before the Cambodia night prayer watch. After reception of the news, I din feel like going out. I was confused... I cldn't reconcile being in church praying for Cambodia when right here at home, we are facing this tragedy. Wat is our role as Christians when things like that happened? I have no answer to that. But I was juz distracted all night. I couldn't feel for Cambodia. I couldn't think about it. Hence, I cldn't pray for it, despite my physical presnence in the sanctuary with the rest of the congregation. At the end of the day, i ended up praying for what was in my heart... for my class 312, and for Singapore. i tried to pray for those affected by the accident, but... after sometime, i 'gave up' praying in understanding.. becoz i simply do not noe wat to pray for those pple.

Until now, i still dunno what to tink.. or wat to pray. My brother spoke to me yesterday night. He told me that sometimes God changes us, changes our thinking, our perspectives when we pray... when we dunno how to pray.. its a matter of yielding to His will... well,... i am just... waiting and seeing wats happening.

Hmm.. i think they are going to lock up the staff room oredi. Supposed to meet CRN at 7... but she still haven't called me!! shall continue entry later becfore they lock me in. This is certainly not the place i wanna spend my weekend!!

No comments: