Wednesday, April 07, 2004

I am a teacher.....

That sounds more... unprofessional and uncool than "I am an educator"... just like "I am a gardener" vs "I am an environmental sculptor". *chuckle* But today, I just find the word "teacher" more appealing... "teacher" sounds more... personal, relational.... "educator" sounds more.... goal-oriented, PROfessional....

Why do I feel this way? Perhaps its the "good morning cher"s from some of my students this morning that made me realize that not all my students hate me, *chuckle*; perhaps its the evaluation from my CT after the formal observation when she told me that she sincerely thinks that I have the makings to be a good teacher; perhaps its the informal and rubbishy chat I had with the 3 gals (one from 311, one from 312, and one from 313 which is urm not my class, 313??) after school and the fact that they are willing to meet me for remedial after school tom?

I think back to the days I first started practicum. I really really questioned why I am in this line. I really really questioned if it was a mistake. I questioned myself if I was up to the task. I questioned ... and questioned... and questioned... In a sense, I've come a long way since 5 weeks ago. And somehow, now I am certain of my calling once again, although I'm undoubtedly sure that one day, I will once again.... question.... when all that hard work seems wasted. Dunno when that will be, but perhaps recalling today may help me overcome that.... :) we'll see...

so for today...... I am a teacher..... :)

No comments: