How does your day end? You resist sleep as long as possible because you love being awake, where every moment demands to be savored? Or do you crash and burn, dying to say hello to the pillow?
I dunno about you. Usually, its the latter for me. I have been perpectually tired, exhausted, drained, zapped out, zonked of late... Partly because I am stressed, on the verge of falling sick (which i am now)... but the root? I need a break.. I need rest.... rest from all these stuff I'm carrying on my back...
Wat stuff? Wanting to be a good (to the point of perfect) teacher; wanting to be someone my frens want around; wanting success in my relationships with people....
Jesus tells me "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Tkae my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matt 11:28,29
"Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts" Heb 4:7b
Does it mean that if I place my burdens and 'stuff' with Him, I will not be weary? Don't I still have to face the challenges? The students? My frens? Is His rest all-encompassing that I will find rest? Yeah, I noe I will find the peace in having faith that He is in control... but its just so difficult to put them down. I'm so used to holding my life together by myself... or maybe that's why i've been tired.... *chuckle* oh.... how silly we can be... when we 'noe' what to do, but our hands hold on so tightly... *sighz*
i need a massage.... lol.....
Saturday, April 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment