and i'll kiss PYSS goodbye (unlikely that I'll be posted back, altho all things are possible)...
I'm not 'happy' or 'overjoyed' about it.. in fact... I'm a little sad... Was just marking the test of one of the classes juz now.... While writing comments on the papers, I looked at the name, remembered the things I've talked about to these students... as the faces appear in my mind, I begin to feel sad.. Its been a challenging nine weeks... But these challenges have made me think, and grow as I learn to handle people, and situations.... Chances are, I wouldn't see them again.. the smiles, the rubbish we talk about... and I can't help them with their work anymore.. Becoz I'll have to let go soon... So many things to pack up.. My physical belongings there.. really brought half my house there.. with my radio, keyboard, notebook etc etc to teach... More than that.. I have so many people to express my gratitude to, esp one of my CTs who really inspired me with her passion... And my students... would like to do something for them... but... no time!! esp with the prep of the practicum file and finishing up the heaps of marking i've accumulated because of my hand surgery...
About a month ago, I asked myself what I would have myself do to help these students in my remaining 5 weeks. Now with a week left, I still question what I can do for them... I pray that despite my failings, I have loved them... and that in some ways, God has blessed them... Life will resume as per normal after I leave. It'll be mid-year exams and a lot of them will still adopt the nonchalant attitude about their studies and lives. Then it'll be after exam programmes, hols and back to school, except with their formal teachers. I pray that God will continue to send people to love them... to show them that they have been entrusted a life each to hold and to treasure.. That they are loved and they are to love in return too... But I don't think I'll get to see it... I can only pray and hope... and trust.. that somehow... God who is so sovereign and omnipotent sees that that comes to pass....
Its a kind of relief .... but facing the new unknown again.... *smile*... can be little tiring at times... but tt's how it is.... I'm gonna miss my kids..... :(
Sunday, May 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment