Friday, June 25, 2004

My journal exactly 4 years ago... ....

Location: Methodist Center, Phnom Pehn, on my bed
Date: 25 June 2000
Time: 1414hr
Day from Singapore: 13

Yup. Today is my day of rest. Thank God for this time and this day. Today is the church's 1st anniversary. Can't believe that just one year ago I was here with Pam and Raj, should be carnival time now last year?

Comparatively speaking, it is so quiet here now. On the bed, with the fan, just taking time off from all the hustle, people - students, team, emails... I know why I am here for, and I thank God for reminding me time and time again though I may forget.

Witnessed the infant (not quite infants) baptism of 3 children just now - 2 of them are Reid's (the guard). Amazing to see how God has touched lives here. Well during the baptism, this lady (I think she's a cleaner?) just interrupted Pastor and wanted her 2 teenager sons baptized. Oh boy, they haven't even been through the classes. This place is just full of surprises.

During the youth session today, Santik and Seng distributed chocs (bought by Doris) for them. I was thinking of letting the youths take them first. But Li Diant told me to just take it. Reason: they are too used to be on the receiving end from Singaporeans. Well, learnt that we shldn't 'give too much' in a sense such that they look to us as providers.

During lunch, Carol Ong and Li Diang teased me about Bun Theong. Said they are 'creating opportunities' for us. Good grief!! Said he's tall enough, 2nd year in U, older. Siao! But its really funny. In return, Carol Ong kena the 'Wang2 Sian1 Shen1). Hee!

Actually supposed to make chui guay. Bought the ingredients already. But!! realised I didn't have the recipte. Recipe is coming with the letter [with got lost along the way]. Hee. Too bad! Figured God wants me to honor this time of rest with Him. :) Just read Marianne's and Geraldine's mail. Things at home church is going great. Praise God!

No comments: