Sunday, June 06, 2004

God always provide pple to 'lift' me up...

Was to carry quite a load for Cambodia from home to church. Mom's even 'worried' cos she thinks the stuff is heavy (tho its so-so to me, more like bulky). Had a short msn conversation w E, after which she proposed breakfast and tt she'll pick me up. Mom always say i'm very blessed as in... there will always be people to give me lifts... for eg. in NIE, i got lifts from SS when I leave hostel on Fridays... there's also G to send me to hostel on Sunday evenings... in Sem 2, i get lifts from KY sometimes... while doing my practicum in PYSS, i get lifts from GB... and this morn... while i did not ask.. i happen to be blessed again (of course with company for breakfast as well!! if not, it'll be icecream for breakfast again... *whinez*)

Anywayz, i just told my mom... tt... somehow God is providing for me again.. so she made this comment "See, you never noe, but God always provide... things good for us... better than we can arrange..." Simple words that I've learnt since Sunday School... which I've applied in different phases of my life... which I've taught some of the youths previously... but its profound when the 'doing' gets in... when faith comes into the picture... difficult when one chooses to do things his/her way... when one refuses to let go and keeps his/her fist clenched holding on to their little 'treasures'...

i've been that little gal who's been holding on... hard to my little 'treasure'... doing things my way... because... i fear loss in His way... i cannot be bothered to hear His voice? hmmm... anywayz,i learnt... the longer one holds... the more painful it becomes... not because it becomes more painful to hold (well it is)... but (more) because.... the void of communication between the Father and the child soon becomes unbearable... How can one survive forever without ABBA, without Jesus, without the Counsellor.... not for long...

something we will be singing for service later... (one of the few songs i'm looking forward to.. given the rest of the... *faints* songs... *chuckle*)

Exceeding Joy

Copyright 2002 Miriam Webster/Hillsong Publishing
from Hope - Bonus CD

I have found exceeding joy,
Jesus answered when I called
this Name that has saved me,
pure love that embraced me.

Mercy, grace, eternal life.
Bought from darkness to His light.
While lost in my sin, He
raised me and made me live.

Chorus:
My soul magnifies the Lord,
my heart joys in God my Saviour,
for He lifts the lowly,
He's done great things for me.
I will sing, praising evermore,
He is mighty and Holy is His Name.

I will lift my head up high,
praising Jesus through each trial.
Though I have not seen Him,
I love Him completely.


Gotta go... E is 'lift'ing me up soon... :)

No comments: