is what i need to settle me down from a .... day....
still working on the teaching prep for RIVERS. Man, I've been working on this topic for like at least 2 weeks. But nothing concrete has come up. Spending way too much time on this super duper gigantic daunting topic. I love rivers. I love physical geography. But to teach it.. is yet another different story....
Just thrown another curve ball today. I'm to set the CME paper for the Sec 1s. Out of 10 classes, I teach ONE class. And i'm chosen to set it. Over and above the Pure Geog and ENglish papers.. Daddy, what on earth (or in heavens) are You trying to do? TS was looking at my situation and was telling me that she thinks that Daddy is trying to teach me something. Tt i shld ask Him.. she feels He wans me to learn to be... shrewd?? I dunno... I seriously have no idea at all...
Day went on. A gal from my class cried saying she wans to go home cos she's sick but my co-tutor refused to let her go back. She is a 'challenging' gal. SO to believe her or not? I'm too trusting sometimes. I dunno how either. Anywayz, I spoke to her. Took my stand on certain things. So at the end of the day, I stuck firm to my conditions. SHe cld not accept my conditions, so she has to stay in school. Apparently she seems okiez thereafter. I'm learning to be firm. One lesson learnt. During the same period, one of my gals just cried during music class. She and the other gal claim that they are seeing things. I took time off after the period, spoke to them, prayed with them. Frankly, I dun really noe wat to do, wat to say, wat to think. Consulted my co-tutor who says that its attention-seeking strategy the gals are pulling. How much to believe? I still need time to learn. Anywayz, giving them the benefit of the doubt, but praying for wisdom and discernment... tt's wat i seriously lack and need at this point. After tt, i was awakened to realize tt i've been very diligent and spending a lot of time on preparing the content for my gals.. and its time i work on this area...
Anywayz watever happened earlier got me really tired.. the curve ball.. all the... watever 'nonsense' happening.. when i'm oredi half overwhelmed w workload. During the next music lesson w 4E1, i was pleasantly surprised they responded to me. Last week they were uncontrollaby talkative. tis week, i have about half of them responding? and copying out the responses their classmates contributed? i was encouraged... last minute curveball again.. i was down for NDP concert rehearsal again?!?! took some time to speak to the Indian dances, some of them from my 2E1, some from my 4E1, all my music students. The gals from 4E1 told me something tt encouraged me. They told me the gals quite 'like' me. as in there are mayn others they dun like.. because i dun scold them 'stupid'... etc... I mean... that made my day. It was nice talking to them. They helped me with some actions i'm supposed to teach the school during community singing on friday for the indian song. When i was on stage doing that for the rehearsal, they were supporting me at the back of the hall by doing it with me so i can model after them, (cos i'm not too familiar)... until, my mentor who was on stage with me got them to go on stage to do it too!! so now they are blaming me for getting into the act! *laughs*
yet, the thot of the CCA in which i'm totally uncomfy with... sighz.... but.. i tink i tink too much.. no point thinking at this point of time. by the time rehearsal ended it was late, headed straight home for my run. it was a good run. got my mind off the silly things.. and feelings..
wanted to set the eng paper tonite. but alas.. realized i dun have the breakdown of marks for each section!! meanting.. i can't set.. oh watever... the run has done me some good.. :) life goes on... like this for at least 3 years. wat is there to come? i dunno. each day is already so packed with thots, feelings, activities like today. 3 years!!! gosh.. i wonder wat i'll turn out to be by then.. all i can say is that.. by faith.. someone better... for the extension His kingdom.. I dunno how.. but i pray that will be the case...
Tuesday, August 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment