Yup. Finally I'm updating on my dive trip last weekend. Thot I'd better do this before I decide not to do it when the buzz of school work pours in...
Generally, a quiet dive trip compared to all my previous trips. Its a small group I'm diving with. Went w my fellow musical geographer as my buddy, she's good company, a v independent buddy.... except... AH HA HA HA... a bit difficult to wake her up!! :P (dun whack me thampies :P) Got to know some really 'ordinary' folks... as in.. they are not 'glamourous'.... 'strikingly good looking' .... 'loud'.... 'extremely funny'..... but they make good company... very good company... :) ... making this a very pleasant trip... farnie how I was so pissed w the instructor in the beginning...
Highlights of the trip:
1. Getting to know Mohammark, David, Stephanie... ...
2. I know what it means to be frozen STIFF. I've always been frozen, but to be stiff (muscles and joints...) .. first time I've ever experienced it... Man I'm gonna bring sleeping bags to all my dive trips from henceforth.
2. Best night dive ever... I touched the cat shark!!! Ah ha ha ha
3. Monsoon's coming in. So new learning challenge this trip is to 'fight' current.
4. This really really adorable little boy. I think he's about 5 years old? I was walking on the beach (yeah, i actually have the time to do that! :) ) and he was near me... Was just standing there... watching him play... He started with a broken piece of styrofoam box.. went to a 'gully' carved out on the sand by water flowing out of the sand (due to a high water table - or so Thampies n I hypothesized)... Steph n Thampies then came along and sort of played with him (sort of because he was so oblivious to wat/who's ard him) Then he started using a half coconut shell (with a hole in the center) to play w the 'gully'... After that, he managed to find an empty metal can.. and played with it.. After a while, he's gotten a little 'kitchen' of his one.. *chucklez*.. When we left for lunch, he was still sitting by/in the 'gully' by himself... oblivious to all... self absorbed in his little world... How nice... I dunno.. the sight of him playing... happily... with no cares or worries... with the minimum, making use of watever that is available... it tugs something in my heart... *smile*
5. I was Mohammark's jinx. First I slipped at the dive platform and my tank fell on his toe. Then, I accidentally turned off his air... :-P
It was a different experience... And on the overall, tho I laugh less, it was good... :) Makes me wanna get really serious into diving and move on to rescue. :P
Friday, November 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment