I shant disclose my age here. A bitta sensitive. *heks*
People know me as this talk gal with fairly long legs. (My mom always complain that I'm disproportionate, long legs, short body, but hey, I'm not complaining. ;)) But not many people know that my legs are (WERE!) of inequal lengths.
My left leg is an inch shorter than my right. I only realize that abt a decade ago. Those era, like to wear long boot-cut jeans. After a while, on my fav jeans, I noticed, that the left bottom of the jeans is frayed, but not the right side. And this is a repeated observation for my long pants and jeans. I don't have a scientific mind. But started wondering why. So came up with 'hypothesis'. NO lah. started thinking why. So I got my mom to measure my legs and true enuff, my left leg was shorter. Perhaps that's the reason why I walk with a bounce, to compensate this.
Anywayz, I've grown 'resigned' to this status. I mean, life functions as per normal rite? Only according to my physiotherapist, I might get backaches when I grow older. SO when I read abt Mk's 'adventures' in PHP, healing the sick, backaches, growing legs, etc. I'm like "God, that's not fair. WHy to the people in PHP but not me?" Inside me, I did not dare to ask actually. I fear 'rejection'. LIke quite malu... and like... maybe I don't hv enough faith. tt sort of thing.
Yesterday, God planted Mk and HD there for a purpose. At the end of tuesdies when HD and i were leaving, we saw Mk outside the room. He's preaching next wk (but we cant make it cos of the Kalimantan trip). So I just mentioned in passing that 'hey i've got a shorter leg'. I dunno y i did that. I wanted to be made 'whole'. but same thing, there was hesitation. Tt's y i said, God placed HD there.. who encouraged me... and was with me throughout.
It did not take sweat, or shouting, or repeated prayer. Mk just uttered a prayer.. and we waited.. and waited.. the process was so slow u cant see it, unless u tape it and fast fwd it. *laughs*. But IT HAPPENED! According to Mk, it was slow because my BONES ARE ACTUALLY GROWING! no. I din feel warmth... etc.. but it was just so simple. We were commenting on how we shld hv taken a before and after pic! *laughs*
Ask and it shall be given....
If the earthly father who is not perfect can give good gifts, how much more our Heavenly Father.
Its not 'spectacular'. But having experienced His goodness so tangibly... its just so different... He gave His word that He's going to grow me... He did, literally, physically. He's also grown me so much in other sense, which I'll blog abt later. Now going to prepare to go school to settle an... not too pleasant issue. But I believe He is with me and that He will settle it for me....
Praise be to God.
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment