1. Drinks during Chinese New Year
As far as I remembered, as a young kid 20 years ago, it was the glass-bottled F & N orange soft drinks. The bottle was unlike even the old glass bottled soft drinks in the other SEA countries we are familiar with. It had a straight narrow 'neck' and a straight wider 'body'.
A couple of years later, other colored soft drinks came into the picture. There were the colorful (red, green, orange, purple) FANTA (the red and green gone now), caffenited soft drinks (huge war between SARSI, PEPSI, COKE den, of which SARSI seemed to have vanished and I just realize today I cant find Pepsi original anymore), SPRITE, 7-Up.
Soon, the generation prefered 'healthier', 'non-carbonated' versions of drinks. In came the lemon tea (mostly Yeos, if I remember correctly). Today, many other teas entered the market... Green tea, green tea with jasmine, white tea (the latest, so haven't had that during chinese new year yet).
I wonder what's next. But one thing that seems to have survived all these 20 years, despite all the new drinks that have emerged (essentially simply water and sugar), the orange soft drink has remained.
I miss the old days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment