Monday, August 01, 2005

Dear Abba

You said that my purpose here on earth is to glorify You - to be perfected into the image of Jesus Christ through worship, the offering of my life as a living sacrifice. The rest comes secondary to this divine purpose.

To be perfected into the image of Christ - love You commanded. The incomprehensiveness of the depth of the meaning of love. Love thy neighbors. Love thy enemies. Love them unconditionally. Above all, love You will all my heart, my soul, my mind, my strength, my will.

How to love You when all I'm doing is just holding on to the faith and the hope You have sowed in me ages ago? My Father, songs and words alone do You no justice. What is it I need to know You? To hear You?

Some say, our purpose is to be ready for heaven, meanwhile enjoy and to live happy as well. What is the definition of enjoy and to live happy?

What does it mean when it is said that I should seek You as a jewel? How do the rest of the other things - work, upgrading - come into the picture? How do they add up to Your big plan?

Abba, I wish I can hear You more clearly in this noise. I wish I can understand Your love more. I wish I could long for You and Your return more. I wish I can have a better idea of what is going on. Can I?

Your wondering child

No comments: