Wednesday, August 10, 2005

mind your own business

i was on my way back from the celebrations on the bus last nite. just as i was abt to get down from the 2nd deck of the bus to alight, i saw a 2-dollar note on the chair on the adjacent row behind me.

I thot for a moment and recalled a 50+ yr old man sitting there. He just got down a little before me, but was alighting at the same stop as me. I thot to myself, shld I bring the 2 bucks down for him? Well, its only 2 bucks. I dun wanna talk to anyone i dunno. Its only 2 bucks. No big deal.

*took two steps down the flight of stairs*

Thot again. Wow, in my mom's days, they would immediately rush down with the money and go 'hey you left your money behind'. Is this wat our system has taught us? To be 'tolerant' to the point of 'mind your own business - no matter wat?' Sad, but to some extent true.

*backtracked, picked up the purple note and went down the stairs*

"urm... you left this behind on the seat". Not a single word of thanks, we both alighted.

What is this society becoming?

No comments: