Thursday, May 11, 2006

Tap Tawan (Mission Accomplished)

I just received an update post from my project manager in Thailand.

Tap Tawan, the project I was on for 3 weeks last year, has finally been completed on 27 April 2006.

Photographs of the team and all @ work brought back fond memories I could tear.

Here's the photo site of THAT particular 'house' I spent most of my time working on:
http://chaggar.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album09
I came in in the middle, after foundations have been laid. I laid bricks. Its so nice to finally see the 'almost finished' product that has been worked on since I left. *sigh* Its a happy sigh.

Meanwhile, i've started learning Thai. Like real. Only one phrase this morning "pen yang-nga barng". The intonations are driving me crazy.

After a million hassles of drafting out two detailed proposals about bringing students overseas for their CIP (Batam - which did not see the light, no one read it cos it was shelved when the 2nd opening arose); and the second (Khao Lak, in Sept - I was 'forced' to draft it out of diplomay). In any case, its pretty decided that we will be setting off in November, back to Khao Lak, Nam Kem, further from my previous area, but one of the worst hit areas. Means I can't get to catch up with my friends there. But still, I'm glad... I can be out there... doing something again...

mai-pen-rai..... mai-pen-rai....

No comments: