Monday, May 15, 2006

i look like shit today

4 days ago, i said that to AG during a meeting.

today, it was her turn to return me the 'favor'.

I looked like shit today, and I feel real real real exhausted.

In a sense, it was a tough day. Brought kids out for the first session of the field work in Labrador. Its quite a breakthrough for our dept, and its something I've always wanted to expose students to. But i ended up doing stuff I wasn't planning to do. At the same time, some silly rash on my right forearm is killing me. I've tried tiger balm, calamine lotion, slapping it, scorching it with real hot water, but its still itching like man as i'm typing away.

Came back, received disappointing news about the behavior of my class. No matter how many times i've heard things like that, i am still not immuned to feeling lousy abt it. Bad news abt one student's act i'll hv to settle tom.

Den, the parent i was supposed to meet did not show up. Much MUCH effort was put in for this meeting. seriously, isn't it taken for granted that parents love their offspring? den again, looking at abuse cases, perhaps not. i wonder, how is it some parents can die for their kids while others don't care a darn for theirs?

well, but i'm thankful for other things here and there. aom. i just thot of her, emailed her yest, but mail bounced back. today, surprisingly i saw her online! for the first timE! it was the first time she tried and i happened to be online too! really happy to chat with her. hopefull i'll get to meet her when i go to khao lak again in nov. she said she'll try to find me at nam kem... but we'll see.. but that made my tough day a little sweeter.

No comments: