Sunday, January 16, 2005

An answer to my qns posted on 1st Jan

What was God's heart in view of the tsunami disaster?

I quote an extract from Chua, M.H.'s article "Where was God when the tsunamis hit?" on today's copy of the Straits Times, which I thot addressed my question aptly (and summed up watever responses i have heard from others):

"Bonhoeffer's famous line puts it thus:'Man is challenged to participate in the sufferings of God at the hands of a godless world.'

To paraphrase that, I would say: Man is challenged to participate in the sufferings of others in a world seemingly without God.

For it is only through man's compassion that God can be seen in suffering and tragedy."

And I learnt one thing - it takes the step of faith to accept this answer, and I pray those around me (you know who you are) will take this step.

No comments: