Friday, December 31, 2004

Questions beyond my comprehension

As the year come to a close, I am challenged with some things concerning the natural and yet not-so-natural world which I haven't found the answers to/resolve.

1. Natural - The Tsunami
I have always marvelled at the awesomeness of God whenever I get to see the handicraft of His hand. Tis year alone, I got to look under the sea, the tallest snow-capped mountains, slugs, and the familiar and new sights of flowers and trees I'm familiar with. The tsunami that just struck the coasts of many countries and islands, causing large scale devastations (an understatement of course!) Like the mountains and coral colony etc, it is natural. Can I say I'm awed by God? Perhaps,..., not really actually.... How are we supposed to look at God's glory in nature in this case? Its nature too... but..... I question at the same time, what is the Father's heart in relation to this matter? How does He look at this event when He allowed that to happen?

2. Natural and Not-so-natural
This is based on my interest on the infinite possibilities of life stirred up by a discussion (slight debate) with DR tis afternn. Its pretty complex and it'll be difficult for me to lay out the points and my final take but I shall make a feeble attempt to here.

Cosmology. According to DR, time is relative (and I agree to a pretty high extent). Each man is bound by time which offers infinite possibilities. That, I agree too. The way our lives take place are tightly woven into the cosmology, meaning, someone out there who's born at exactly the same time as I am have a similar cosmic, meaning, we will have similar occurances in different parts of the world. We might be doing similar things at this very moment, but bound by opportunities and situational factors and the infinity given by time, we might be doing different things, but at some other point of time, our lives will converge at certain crossroads and end up doing something similar.
I never believe in horoscopes because to me, it means that there are only 12 kinds of personalities in the world. At the same time, they serve more as entertainment and possibly self-fulfilling prophecies, consciously or subconsciously. However, the fact that even a machine can 'calculate' accurately (detailed) occurances in one's life {i cant argue spirits if predicted by fortune tellers} makes one wonder about cosmology. The fact that ancient civilizations spread across the earth evidence heavy influence (to the point of dependence) of cosmology surely meant there's something about it more than just useless calculations?

DR's propositions stop at... relativism. The stars sort of influence our path but time is infinite. Possibilities are infinite. But I cannot stop there, because, much as I like what relativism has to offer, there is the ABSOLUTE, who is the Truth, and that is God. I cannot stop at "everything's what you perceive it to be".

I do not claim to know this well. In fact, I'm fairly clueless. But what had been said holds some water based on historical and experiences of people. My take for now - perhaps cosmology does reflect our lives. It reflects but not control/bind our destiny. Because out there (beyond many's comprehension, mine only goes by faith) lies the One who controls the cosmology, the very path and site of each star. That's where the Absolute comes in. That's my take for now - till more is revealed. Like I will have the brains and time to tink further.

Anywayz, I have been mulling over these from 2004 into 2005. Its 12.03am now. Whoever's reading my contemplations and still awake, or lucid *chuckles* Merry new year!! lol... Why merry? I dunno... Blessed new year. :)

oh.... views on these are very appreciated. :)

No comments: