Saturday, July 17, 2004

Term 3 Week 3

Started off this week with a fair bit of energy. Now? Almost completely drained... Had been 'out' almost all the evenings, so that's pretty good. It makes me feel 'satisfied' to have a 'life'. But I do not know how long I can sustain this, given that, I have just broken my rule not to bring marking home to do.
 
Mon - met up with old college fren for dessert downstairs my place. i was too lazy to go further than that. *chuckles*
 
Tues - met up with Sandly n Jacki at Jacki's shop. Sandfly was supposed to pay up and go for dinner. We ended up hanging ard a bit.. and at the end of it all, got dragged to some silly karaoke thing. Bleah. We were the two 'early birds' who were pretty concussed by ten and had to leave by eleven.
 
Wed - met up w Dawn, TC and June to discuss Dawn n TC's wedding. ended up talking quite a bit abt diving, the kind of company those pple are, and trying to convince TC to try diving for Dawn's sake. Den went for worship practise because I haven't touched my flute for months!! Realised.. I am back to square one!! No more breathe control, my embochure gone.. *sighz* Was thoroughly exhausted halfway thro the practise. Even questioned why I even decided to crash the practise. Also made me question how able I am to survive future practises, esp when I'm on keyboard.
 
Thurs - It was supposedly a night of rest. Ended up doing my work review. Cos if not, work elsewhere would be piling up. Did 4.5km run. Great because since my hand surgery in Apr, I haven't gone beyond 3km. So it was an achievement.
 
Fri - Supposed to send sandfly off for her trip to Dayang. But later figured out its pretty silly so decided to rest at home. Aggie called me out last minute, so we ended up at Blue Note. Pretty decent place. Less 'showy' than Harry's. Band play was pretty interesting, pity I was seated too far away from the band, and that I was kindof too tired to really care. And finally after a break from blogging, I just realize blogger has come up with more user-frenly interface that requires less knowledge of html script!! Well, like I can be bothered. lol
 
Its gonna be busy busy busy... I'm thoroughly exhausted. Sometimes I feel that the 'caring staff culture' is putting on pressure on me. There will be expectations that I also go along with the 'we are one big family' mentality. Which is not bad, except, sometimes this expectation just makes one feel additional pressure? Teaching English and being assigned a uniform group (a very on one!!) is also making me blue sometimes. I know I'm supposed to take them up with joy... try..... ing..... Is teaching really for me? Or at least, is teaching in the MOE system really for me? lol... watever....

No comments: