had a gathering of old gals - C, Aggie n myself - of ten years on the beach last nite. while sipping our drinks and picking on the fingerfood, C said her Dad asked why we did not plan to stayover at her place for the nite.
over the past ten years, from teens to adulthood, through times of laughter, sadness, encouragement, disappointment with each other, we had stayed over at C's place many times. All the usual gals' night of chattering, fighting for space on the one bed, racking of her kitchen for midnight snack, endless giggling, poking fun at each other's crushes of yond... C is getting married next year. The family will be moving out in two months. Where we shared our special moments, soon they will no longer be ours.
I told C I thot she's busy so I did not ask tho the thot did come to my mind. So at that moment, we decided to stay over nite... very likely, the last time we'll ever do that.
As usual, we did the raking of her wardrobe for change of clothes. Shoved each other for some room on the bed. Racked her kitchen and the fridge. Spent some time watching tv. Laughed. Giggled. Talked (yest nite's topic included sleep paralysis and sleep... urm.. another sleep disorder condition we all were suffering from). The same way we did for the many years. The only difference - we were ten years older, and we lack the stamina to last much later into the night. By 2am, the other two gals were pretty gone. I managed to make them hang on watching tv and eat icecream til about 3am. Then, we all concuzzed.
Slept on the makeshift beds her dad prepared for us (even before we reached her place). An inflatable bed and another, well... sort of mat? Everything was laid out so nicely with pillows and blankets. Even when we left this morning, we met her dad on the gate while he was driving in and he asked if we were coming back for lunch. Her dad, despite our age, always make us feel like we are back to being little girls. How sweet...
In any case, we just heard in the morning that there was a warehouse sale at the Expo. We decided to go. I underwent my retail therapy. Adding on to the previous trophies (of wet suit, watches, skirts, shoes over the past month), THREE bags, THREE sets of lingerie, and one top. I MUST STOP SHOPPING!!!! (This excludes the one more skirt I bought whle I was in Geylang w Haz). I'm so gone. I must so stop spending!!! No more highclass food... No more shopping... ARGH...
Oh and one thing I've learnt: I will never ever shop in warehouse sale EVER AGAIN!! LIke this is my first experience, and we spent over an hour queuing!!! NEVER EVER!!!
SO much for coming home last nite, waking up early this morn to do work. HA. What a joke. So am I going to start work soon? ... Well, I really need to catch fortywinks from sleep deprivation and tink i do need to go for CG later. SHEESH. Whatever. Enjoy while I can. No point thinking of work when I'm enjoying. That will come later. AH HA HA HA.... zzzzz.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment