Thursday, November 03, 2005

Catch up

I've been making an effort to meet up with my frens now that I can wake up slightly later for school (and this week's public holidays help). Inspired to treasure the relationships and people that have come into my life over the many years and what better time than now.

Earlier this week, I met up with C and Aggie. Tonight, met up with Ah Tong, Chee and Joan. 2 1/2 years ago, our paths crossed. Tong, Chee and myself were doing contract teaching, while Joan was doing her practicum. Today, all of us are dispersed in the different schools (none of us ended up in the school we met. How ironic). It was a good nite of laughter, provided by the wit of Chee, supported by Tong. Chee was the most 'linguistically-challenged' amongst us all. I remember the times Tong and I helped him to prepare for his EPT. REmembered teaching him how to pronounce 'zero'. Yet, it was also him, despite his smaller vocabulary stock who made us laugh. Chee also injected loads of positivism in the way he felt we should take life.

Overall, it was a light-hearted and pleasant session where those involved (who happen to be educators) chose not to grumble or whine about their lives (in school), but rather talk about how blessed we are.

Sweet.

No comments: