Sunday, June 03, 2012

Awesome in Cambodia

Plans keep changing by the minute, but I'm enjoying every bit of it... Who knows when I'll be back again, and who I'll get to see again.... Was supposed to head straight into the orphanage the day I touched down. Hoping to meet TV, I asked if I could stayi. Phnom penh for an evening in a hotel before heading in the village. A suggestion to stay in town to bunk in with CL for two days, got extended to the entire trip.now I'll only head into the village today for the celebration. As it turns out, that was perfect. I met up with so many peeps. Spent time making pumpkin cake, cooked sphagetti for CL and baked with VML. Met TV, sivath, vuthy, Dara,and the many youths who are now in their early twenties!! How time flies. I even got the chance to eat my fav Korean food here, suki soup and go to psar tmai. Met folks from my church from the other services too... Yest met Rev C. I went up to him and told him how I sat in his office twelve years ago when I had to consider between continuing with the honors course offered to me, or to fulfill my commitment to come to Cambodia... Chatted a bit, and he even suggested me exploring some edu comm thing...we'll see how that pens out... I was telling FM, in fact, I feel more energetic here, and ate more. Within two days of arrival,my baby bump has grown tremendously. And my best buy from psar tmai: two pairs of maternity pants at usd25 each!! Ha ha... Really enjoyed the time spent with CL. Such a wonderful and generous a bong srey she is to me, and mother to many youths. Wonder when I'll be back... And how much more things will change... But am thanking God for every bit of this trip....

No comments: