Chapter 1: "Career"
This has gotta be the most interesting and vexing. Over the past couple of weeks, I've got offers which range from exciting and challenging to the more mundane, from possibly well paid to the most ridiculously below the minimum wage offer.
I'll just mention the two which I deemed really impt, and which i seriously considered. The first is a keyboardist with a band who plays almost every night at a popular entertainment place near the bay which offers various genres of music, and the band plays for a room named after an insect. I met up with the band members (they are not locals) and we got along quite well. (In fact, later i met up with one of them a couple of days later before she went back to her country for a holiday and she termed me as her good friend!) I was excited about how this could really challenge me to work on my music, but the hours were not favorable for my social life. Even so, after much thought and praying about it, i was willing to take it up if some conditions were met. God closed the door however, when the band told me that their agent said they might not be able to get the work permit if they did not register as a full band due to stringent regulations, plus they need to rehearse back in their home country which i couldn't participated in. I wasn't disappointed as I knew I've given it to God and He's in charge. I also wasn't disappointed because I know I did not cringe and hide and choose not to take up the challenge which knowing me, ha ha, its highly possible.
Anywayz, the second opening is completely different from the first I"ve mentioned. Ha ha. Its part time teaching at a local tertiary institution. I went for the interview last tuesday. And I got the job! for a term, continuation will be subjected to performance and student reviews and all. I was informed on Fri morn that I got the job. Though I'll need to get a laptop for that... sigh....
The week leading to making the decisions on the various different openings was not easy as the timing was sort of together but yet not quite making decision making vexing. Thankfully, I know that as long as I submit them unto the Lord He will show me. Even tho I still not noe wat's next, I'm thankful for the journey so far. :) Am I still gonna pursue my dream as a pianist? I'm trying to. I think FM's getting a little worried for me as i seem to be losing steam. Perhaps i am. Perhaps i am just getting more stable. So... we'll see....
Chapter 2: Flu Bugs
It started with the stomach flu bug which hit FM last week. I tried to take care of him. Then, come Saturday the cold flu bug hit me. Actually I wasn't feeling good by Wed. Now i'm still fighting the bug. Not like I'm really fighting. There just aint much i can do. Am just really lethargic. Last night I was kept awake under my covers, perspiring away, but feeling cold at the same time. I was so confused man. To take away the covers (but I'll feel cold! cos i oredi feel cold under the covers) or to remain in it (but I'm perspiring from head to..wherever). Why are the bugs so persistent?!?!
Chapter 3: Past-times
I'm very ill-disciplined. Instead of working HARD at my repertoire, these are the activities that had been keeping me occupied instead:
- tuition
- piano lessons
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S
- chic lit 'Under the duvet'
- FB
- s**ing
- msning
- time with FM
Here, however are the list of activities that I shld be working more on:
- reading the book "The Art of Teaching Piano"
- working out my repertoire
- getting syllabus for the piano diploma
- working on the jazz instructional book and cd
- homework from the voice technique class i've been attending for two weeks (i neva practise wat i learnt... which equates what i learnt to just head knowledge)
- of course, still time with FM.
So, here are the adventures(-mis) i've been getting into... CNY round the corner.... hmm... this time round i'll appreciate the ang baos more than i did the previous years. Healthy accounts balance. HA HA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment