Sunday, August 07, 2011

(re)turning to blogging?



Been YEARS since i blogged... i noe hardly anyone does that now.. but wat better place to post my food stuff? heh heh...

here's the Carrot (Pulp) Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
Used carrot pulp left after juicing. Froze them until I wanna use. What better way to use them?

1 1/3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups carrot pulp / grated carrot
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup cashew nuts, coarsely chopped

1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' (icing) sugar

Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until frothy and lightened in color. Stir in the oil, vanilla extract, carrot pulp, raisins and cashew nuts.
Fold in the flour mixture.
Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for between 15 to 20 minutes. (I did 18 mins).
Cool on rack.
For icing, beat tog cream cheese, butter, vanilla, icing sugar till fluffy. I tried to blend them in using spoons first. Tedious, but at least I don't have icing sugar flying all over the place!! (Lesson learnt after first icing session during buttercream.)
Frost on cooled muffins.
Must store in fridge if not eaten soon.

(Makes between 18 to 21 muffins.)

No comments: