Sunday, December 07, 2008

A Night on the Orient Express

I had the God-given opp to play for the cocktail of a D & D last night. It was really fun. The peeps were really really well-dressed, unlike during wedding dinners, where some peeps really dun dress up (some lah, you noe wat i mean, Singaporeans).

I got to wear the bright green dress elvis bought for me in Philippines a year ago, and it was really nice, i mean, i thought it matched the setting very well.

Ok.. other than the bimbotic stuff, I guess given that I've played in different kinds of settings (with singer, with violinist, with band, etc.), i'm starting to get a bit of the hang of things. No longer was I as nervous as I used to be, and am actually really beginning to enjoy playing the music, and sometimes really having fun producing those sounds to fit the atmosphere (rather than just playing 'safe').

I took my teacher's advice, to watch the crowd and play accordingly. Of course, tis is also only possible when I'm more at ease now. Its pretty fun, when you realize that you can actually 'twik' or 'enhance' the socials interactions going on. At the end of my session, the co-ordinator came and told me that she had comments that the music was great, and it created a good ambience for the cocktail. It was really really nice to hear that. :)

One thing interesting about playing for sessions is, I get to see the 'back' - logistical preps for all these glamm-ed up events, and get to see wat goes on in the 'front'. I've 'sat in' for quite a no. of briefings for the servers, whenever I'm waiting for my session to begin. Captains briefing the staff how to serve, etc. Its pretty fun and interesting - what's behind all the facade. :)

I am really thankful to God for all these fun. :) Also, very thankful for and to elvis for always being my faithful 'chauffuer cum chaperon'. ha ha...

yeah.. and just a quick update on wedding prep. we were pretty prepared for the second photoshoot @ the beach on thurs, we bought a helium-filled heart shaped balloon that says 'hugs & kisses... xxoxxo' ha ha, a picnic basket (i cant believe it!!), and some flowers as props. (to see elvis carrying all these things at marine parade is rare!! he's usually too 'practical' for those things added up.) but alas!! it was pouring the entire pm. so we've shelfed it to tmrw am at 6am!!! eeks... heh... so need to buy the fresh props again. as for the housing stuff, made our first deposit and starting to look through interior design mags compliments from AO.

life is good... life is beautiful.. because Jesus loves me... thank You!!

No comments: