I thank God for a seat... and so i’m writing an entry to my
Journey to Cambodia – 14 – 18 May 2008
It was a trip i wasn’t sure would materialize as it falls on one of the days i’[m teaching. By the grace of God, i managed to get approval to shift my lessons. So last Wednesday (tt din seem so far back) i made my way to the airport directly from campus. In the morn en route to campus, i actually felt like just skipping class and go straight to Cambodia. The good thing though was that I enjoyed the class that day.
I was early at the airport, so had lunch by myself. I tink i’m getting used to the idea of just eating alone. Eating used to be a social thing.. but now.. its starting to be come functional!
Anyway we arranged to meet at 2.30pm for check in. At approx 2.40 i handed over my passport to the lady at the checkin counter only to get this response: Mdm, is this your old passport?
GOODNESS GRACIOUS. I did pack in a rush tis trip. Only the evening before after teaching for 8 long hours. And i simply asked FM to pick up my passport from a little drawer, not checking the contents within.
I went quickly to FM and we sped home for my passport. Thank God we arrived in time. It had been such a rush few days prior to the trip. The only ‘rest’ i could expect would only come once i board the flight.
It was a good trip. I got to noe the youth better. Tis trip, i decided that i will build relationships unlike the previous trip. I spent time with ah ong and this elderly couple from Sarawak, eddy and rose. There i made chrysanthemum tea, barley, herbal chicken soup (we call the Da Chang Jin soup – the Korean drama – due to the packaging of the herbs). Helped out in the making of curry puffs for the fun fair for the 10th anniversary of the funfair. I even taught a gal there how to brew chrysanthemum tea. Only, a much more sweetened version for their taste buds.
There were loads of bugs too during the trip. Different types over the different nights. First night was stinking bugs, second night was flying insects which shed their wings all over the place the next morning when i was sweeping the floor i thot they could pass off as confetti!!
Ate a lot of bread. :D with fake nutella. Saw the lady at tutompong.
Anyway, i gotta stop. I’m reaching my stop soon. These few days will be super busy... so i’m glad for this time for a quick entry. Thank God for the seat. Ha ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment