it was a surprise find. i was packing my stuff yesterday and came across a couple of cassette tapes, long before CDs were the mainstay. i found a favorite tape of mine called We Draw Near, by Hosanna Music, worship leader Marty Nystrom.
today, i just realized that my the vcd player in my mom's room plays cassette tapes. talk about old school! i had a pleasant time singing along that particular one which i bought at least 5 years ago. its still my favorite. songs offer nothing 'cool'. simple, but .... its all about Him.....
i enjoyed the time... going back to the simple. remembering that all these are just temporal... our job.. is to seek, wait, glorify Him... living it out in the hectic world is a challenge. but hey, whoever said its easy?
anywayz, here's one of the songs. not my most fav from the tape. but a gd start to the beginning of school again.
Rest In Your Love
Gary Sadler
Chorus:
I will rest in Your love
Put my trust in Your goodness
And set my thoughts on peaceful things above
I will cast away my cares
And find my joy in Your presence
I will rest, I will rest
In Your love
Whom shall I fear
Why should I worry
Your grace is enough for my need
Your joy is my strength
Your peace is my shelter
You faithfully watch over me
All of my doubts
All of my striving
By faith I lay down at Your Throne
Your Word is my shield
Your Spirit my power
You tenderly care for Your own
I will rest
I will rest
In Your love
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment