Sunday, July 24, 2005

Five years ago

25 July 2000, Tuesday, 0846hr
Day 43 in Cambodia

At LD's place having breakfast now. As usual, in the past 6 days, many things happened. I can cycle! At least balance, but still can't turn. :(

.... ... ... ...

Yest while we were going out for dinner with the field director, etc (whoever), supposed to wait for Js. Where we were supposed to wait for them, there were police doing inspection, along the road, doing body search, holding rifles. It was a little scary waiting there. Actually not scary, but you will feel concerned. Was praying half the time for safety...

In the meantime, saw a mother squatting by the side of a photo shop, with her baby asleep on the floor. I was commenting to AR abt d guy, in front of us who was munching on a 'nom-pang' (bread)that its prob his dinner, and how blessed we are. He was saying tong2 ren2 bu4 tong2 ming4. Which was absolutely true. Wat's d only diff? The diff is where you are born in. There are so many more out there. Am I just going to settle for wat i have while many others are out there suffering? What if Jesus had decided to stay in His own glorious heaven and not come down as a lowly baby?

Then practical thots come along. THots abt yah, spend a few yrs in d mission field, then wat? COmpetition in Spore wld have made me'obsolete'. Maybe work a few yrs, gather some experience as a safety net? Actually, in the first place, I have made education my safety net already. How many safety nets do I need? Isn't the Lord more than sufficient? ...
...

Yi-hee. yest AR & Vim/CO were saying they'll give me an "A" for my khmer considering d fact I was here for only 1 mth plus & without a teacher. But I know it is of an d from the Lord, with all the prayers. If not, dun tink i can move so quickly. :) Can get a little scary sometimes when emailing or wirting stuff, will tink of typing/writing d khmer words.

Sok Mean gave me a little heart which says Just for You on Sunday. So cute & so sweet. :) Chaya passed me foto we took tog. so nice of him to rem. Can still rem how he wanted the nice bkgrd behind us, then pose, then no negative!! hee hee. Received a little from .... yest. Very interesting letter. Shall end here. Tired already. :)

0916hr

No comments: