Friday, September 17, 2004

A week in a teacher's life... ...

7 points for 7 days

1. Geography and English Exam papers more or less vetted and nearing printing press.

2. More or less finished marking CME exam papers minus those absentees who have to sit for their exams.

3. Spoke to a few gals abt their behavior. One of which - the gals copied work BLINDLY. Qns 1 - 10 can be from Passage A, and Qns 11 - 16 from Passage B. AND the spelling and gramatical errors are EXACTLY the same... write down to the smallest atom. How can they claim it is group work? Yeah, sure, group copy work? *laughs*

4. Got 'scolded' by a parent for over 20 minutes. It is tough. People think it is easy being the teacher. Worse, they shaft all the blame to teachers. *sighz* I'm glad not all parents are like that, and that I have nice colleagues to rally behind me to support me. Tho... the call spoilt my mood for a while... but as i've learnt, life goes on. There are things I can control, there are those I cant. There are things that matter, there are those which matter less. *smile* Life goes on.. for the important.

5. Had a short chat with two of the gals I brought for the music IT competition. It was nice. They told me their seniors think that generally I'm nice. Even one gal told me her seniors said I taught geography well. I'm like?!?!?! With the poor quality of materials I produce...?!?! But it was encouraging. *smile*

6. I am still learning how to tackle 'uninterested', 'you suck', 'i cannot be bothered with you' faces... still get discouraged seeing these faces. Still learning...

7. Point for reflection: How 'smiley' a teacher should I be? Esp the first time I meet a class (Esp lower sec)

No comments: